Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Decisions and adoption

My health has been a major issue during this pregnancy and Brent and I had the talk about will this be our last child. It has been a hard decision and somedays I am not sure I want to go through with it. But we have decided that I will get my tubes tied during my csection when Teddy is born. However, this doesn't mean this will be our last child. Adoption has always weighed heavily on my heart. If it wasn't for adoption there wouldn't be a lot of fantastic people in my life and I have always had the desire to adopt a child. It probably won't be anytime soon. And may not even happen but the door is open and God knows this desire and I truly feel that it will be fulfilled one day.

Today marks 30 weeks for Teddy. I can't believe we are getting so close. Still so much to do! I have a doctor's appointment Thursday and will find out the results of my glucose test. I am not worried about it. I eat lots of veggies and meats and feel great (minus the nausea and vomiting). I'm still struggling with high blood pressure but have definitely been controlling that through a healthier diet and exercise. At 30 weeks, I have gained a total of 8 pounds. That is mostly due to the nausea. I can't seem to keep food down, which is so different compared to my pregnancy with Reese. Sometimes I think this is possibly a girl with how sick I've been.


1 comment:

  1. That's a tough decision to make, but thankfully you do still have the option of adopting sometime in the future. God has a perfect plan for your family! :) Sorry you've been so sick--you're on the home stretch now!!

    ReplyDelete